Saturday, September 11, 2010

September 11th


September 11th will always be an important day for people. I remember everything about where I was on 9/11/01. I was a freshmen living in Chicopee, MA at the time and was in my 4th period French class when I found out what happened. I had no idea what any of it even meant. My little sister was in 4th grade at the time and her teacher's daughter died in the Twin Towers. I can't believe it's already been 9 years since it happened.

Today also marks 3 years since my Aunt Lunde's life was taken from her. It still doesn't seem right. She was getting her life back on track. I will pray for the man who took my Aunt's life. The last time I talked to my Aunt, she kept telling me that the next time I was in town that I had to come see her house. She was so proud of it and proud that she was getting things together. I know my family will be thinking about her today. She was a person full of character.

Two weeks ago I went to church with a bunch of the tennis girls. I'm so glad they're coming and seem to be enjoying the church. That Sunday the pastor talked about how everyone has a purpose. I feel like I've heard that sermon a lot...but this time I heard it in a new way and I really enjoyed it. I think too much I try to do what I want at the time and not what is right. Part of what the pastor said was about being connected to your past. He said how nothing is wasted. Experiences are important whether they were good or bad. That's the part that I liked. One quote that stuck out to me was:

"Some of your most devastating moments
in life are also your most important."

I think that is so true for me. If it weren't for all the experiences I have been through, I would not be where I am today. I wouldn't be playing tennis all the time and loving every minute of it. I have no idea what I would be doing. I really do believe that my experiences were part of my purpose and I want to live every day remembering why I am here and that I do have a purpose.

I have been playing this song non-stop lately.



This week I'm reminding myself of this quote:

"I believe that our backgrounds and circumstances influence who we are, but we and our choices are responsible for who we become."

No comments:

Post a Comment