Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Ginger



So when I was came home for Thanksgiving, my mom warned me that our dog, Ginger, was looking pretty sick. She would always tell me on the phone how she didn't think she was going to last much longer, but she made it to Thanksgiving and I got to see her. She was a lot skinnier than she had ever been, but she still came to see me when I walked in the door. When I left back to school after Thanksgiving, my mom told me to give her a really good goodbye because she might not make it to Christmas. I kept just hoping she would make it even though I knew she was in pain. I flew into Arizona on Sunday, but didn't actually get home until Monday night. Monday afternoon, my dad called and said that Ginger died in her sleep and our exchange student, Sunny, found her. I guess Thanksgiving really was my goodbye to her.

All the dogs last Christmas when they were so pooped after opening presents. They are just so cute.


We got Ginger over 14 years ago when she came to my grandparents house on my grandma's birthday. We brought her to live with us in California after that. She's been with us ever since. Ginger was such a good dog. She's basically the first dog I really remember. Our house just won't be the same on Christmas without her. I've never seen a dog get more excited about opening presents.

It seems silly to write about a dog, but somehow they just become part of your family. I feel like we lost part of our family. It's weird not seeing her around and I'm not sure I'll get used to it. Even just thinking about her makes me sad. But it was a great 14 years with her.

1 comment:

  1. It's not silly, and I'm sorry to hear about Ginger. My mom and dad were really sad when their dog died a few months ago.

    ReplyDelete